Son Adam's 2014 NFL Mock Draft
1. Houston Texans – *Jadeveon Clowney |DE| South Carolina:
If the speculation is right that none of these QBs carry as high of grades as the other positions, I think you could see Houston go Clowney then attempt to trade back up for a passer. Not the greatest fit for a traditional Crennel defense but the trend across the league now is multiple front defenses and Romeo could try to modernize and cook something up. Jadeveon picks his spots but has more potential to take over a game than any other defensive prospect.
NFL Comp. Mario Williams
2. TRADE Buffalo Bills (STL) – *Greg Robinson |OT| Auburn:
Robinson is one of the highest upside OL to come out in a long while. Comparisons like Orlando Pace and Larry Allen are being used with a straight face. But Snead likely wants to trade out. The Rams could make it affordable and the Bills are rumored to have interest in moving up. Although Spiller and Jackson had good years the run blocking was poor. The Bills need to protect the investment and development of Manuel with better run and pass blocking. It's also possible this staff views Glenn as a better fit at RT. He held his own last season but this time last year there was talk of the Billls drafting a LT. Rams get Bills 14’ 2nd and 5th round picks and 15’ 4th.
NFL Comp: Jason Peters
3. Jacksonville Jaguars – *Sam Watkins |WR| Clemson:
I’m wagering Blackmon is not going to be a Jaguar when he eventually gets reinstated. Watkins reminds me of a cross between Torrey Smith and Josh Cribbs but at the very least will be a solid deep threat WR.
NFL Comp: Torrey Smith
4. Cleveland Browns – *Mike Evans |WR| Texas A&M:
Somewhat of a shocker here but it’s been speculated that some teams have Evans graded just a hair behind Watkins.
NFL Comp: Plaxico Burress
5. Oakland Raiders - Khalil Mack |OLB| Buffalo:
Mack would take over Sio Moore’s SLB spot and Moore would become the MLB. Moore was used extensively as a rusher last season and held his own there but his game is more versatile then that. I’m not quite as high on Mack as some but I think he’s a strong fit in this scheme.
NFL Comp. Akeem Ayers
6. Atlanta Falcons – Jake Matthews |OT| Texas A&M:
Matthews isn’t incredible imo but he projects as a very reliable OL and can play wherever you line him up. Falcons love that. Likely grades out better than either of the big 3 OTs of last year. Pass rusher is a glaring need but the Falcons could be looking at guys like Van Noy, Crighton, Attaochu, or Lawrence at the top of round 2.
NFL Comp: Jordan Gross
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – *Eric Ebron |TE| North Carolina:
Ebron’s a legit top ten offensive talent. He’s an all pro caliber Jermichael Finley. With Watkins and Evans off the board the Bucs take the best receiver available.
NFL Comp: Jermichael Finley
8. Minnesota Vikings – Anthony Barr |OLB| UCLA:
Barr’s been downgraded recently by some media analysts because of his rawness and finesse but he still has sickening upside. If he’s coached well he’s going to be an all pro. In Zims defense he could start at OLB while also helping as a pass rush specialist in different situations.
NFL Comp: Julian Peterson
9. TRADE St.Louis (BUF) – Aaron Donald |DT| Pittsburgh:
Donald’s hitting everything out the park in pre draft evaluations and raising his stock. Adding him to that Rams Dline would just be wrong.
NFL Comp: Cullen Jenkins
10. Detroit Lions – Justin Gilbert |CB/FS| Oklahoma St:
Lions could have their pick of the top CB. I’m figuring their scheme will be more zone so they’ll go with Gilbert because of his speed and playmaking but also his potential to play FS.
NFL Comp: Deltha O’Neal
11. Tennessee Titans - *Ryan Shazier |ILB| Ohio St:
Blistering athlete that looks undersized to play inside but he’s much better attacking up at the los then retreating out in space. He’s very similar to Daryl Washington when he came out and could likewise grow into the position. Perfect scheme fit for Horton’s style.
NFL Comp: Daryl Washington
12. New York Giants – C.J. Mosley |LB| Alabama:
Mosley is simply a beast of a prospect and could probably fit at any LB position in any defense. Injury history and a good not great senior year, might affect his stock. But not in this scenario as Reese takes bpa which also happens to be a position of need.
NFL Comp: Hardy Nickerson
13. St.Louis Rams - *HaSean Clinton-Dix |FS| Alabama:
Looks like a physical CB playing S.
NFL Comp: Brodney Pool
14. Chicago Bears – *Tim Jernigan|DT| Florida St:
Looks like a one gap DT but plays stout like a true NT. It'll be harder to be as dominant in the pros but he's a good worker.
NFL Comp. Brandon Mebane
15. Pittsburgh Steelers – Darqueze Dennard |CB| Michigan St:
Not much of a playmaker on the ball but everything else has the look of a shut down CB.
NFL Comp: Jason McCourty
16. Dallas Cowboys – Zach Martin |OG| Notre Dame:
Martin doesn’t look great doing it, but he’s a rock solid pass protector and run blocker.
NFL Comp: Justin Pugh
17. Baltimore Ravens – Morgan Moses |OT| Virginia:
Gangly and huge but sneakily athletic.
NFL Comp: King Dunlap
18. New York Jets – *Odell Beckham Jr |WR| LSU:
Beckham is just a great all around playmaker and was clutch for LSU his junior season. His stock is soaring right now.
NFL Comp: Joey Galloway
19. Miami Dolphins – *Xavier Su’a-Filo |OG| UCLA:
Versatile and reliable interior guy most rate as the 2nd best interior OL guy. I think the Dolphins could target the highest graded OL on their board in the first.
NFL Comp. Mike Pouncey
20. Arizona Cardinals - Kyle Van Noy |OLB| BYU:
I’m very high on Van Noy. I think he’s better than any of the DE/OLBs that came out last year. And better than Ealy this year. A great, and really deceptive, all-around game. Demonstrated his effectiveness all week and late in the Senior Bowl game vs top 20 OT Zach Martin, where on three consecutive plays, went in, out, and bull rushed for pressure.
NFL Comp: Mike Vrabel
21. Green Bay Packers – *Calvin Pryor |S| Louisville:
A leader in the secondary who can support the run like a LB but athletic enough to cover deep. I think he’s a better fit in the box then in the deep half, though. Packers got atrocious play from the safeties last year and he’s a potential upgrade at either spot.
NFL Comp: T.J. Ward
22. Philadelphia Eagles – *Brandin Cooks |WR| Oregon St:
Blazing speed but also has strong hands and yac skills. He’ll be a handful in the NFL because he’s smooth but also a blur.
NFL Comp: Victor Cruz
23. TRADE Houston Texans (KC) – *Blake Bortles |QB| Central Florida:
This has to be best case scenario in the Texans camp. They’d still catch flak for passing on Manziel but landing a guy that some project they’d take at #1 is a win. Bortles is like a cross between Ben Roethlisberger and Drew Stanton. Not entirely a knock-I've always been high on Stanton. Chiefs get the Texans 2014 3nd and 5th rounder.
NFL Comp: Drew Stanton
24. Cincinnati Bengals - Kyle Fuller |CB| Virginia Tech:
Very few weaknesses to his game has his stock rising.
NFL Comp: Jason Allen
25. San Diego Chargers – Jason Verrett |CB| TCU:
Still my top CB. Playing through an injured shoulder only makes me like him more.
NFL Comp: Joe Haden
26. Cleveland Browns (IND) – *John Manziel |QB| Texas A&M:
Ideal scenario here if the Browns don’t have to move back up to land their QB. Much debate whether that’s Johnny or not but he’s a great fit here on a number of fronts. He’s like a roided Jeff Garcia which makes him the best QB out of this class.
NFL Comp: Jeff Garcia
27. New Orleans Saints - *Marqise Lee |WR| USC:
If not for a nagging gimpy knee, Lee might clearly be the best WR in this draft.
NFL Comp: Pierre Garcon
28. TRADE Jacksonville Jaguars (CAR) – *Teddy Bridgewater |QB| Louisville:
Ted’s a deadly accurate passer in the short passing game. The further he goes the less consistent he is but he still can threaten all levels. The slight size, the glove, and a question raising pro day have caused him to slip. I go back and forth on his future prospects but I feel like his weaknesses can be exploited easier than Manziel or Bortles, although he can still carve you up if you let him. Carolina gets a 2014 4th and 5th.
NFL Comp: Ryan Tannehill
29. TRADE Oakland Raiders (NE) – Derek Carr |QB| Fresno St:
Raiders haven’t hid their interest in this guy. McKenzie might be willing to move up to secure a developmental passer with big upside. I’ve been down on Carr all year but recently looked at some older games and came away more encouraged. I questioned his arm strength early last year but he’s clearly got a big gun, he just rarely drove the ball, opting for touch within Fresno’s dink and dunk. The only issue is that he’s too easily sacked and rattled by pressure. But that’s a big issue. NE gets a 2014 4th and 2015 4th.
NFL Comp: Josh McCown
30. San Francisco 49ers – *Kelvin Benjamin |WR| Florida St:
A definite match up problem with upside but a considerable project as well. Call me crazy but I think Benjamin might have more upside as a receiving TE than WR. If he could learn to play outside like Boldin he’ll be in the HOF.
NFL Comp: Reggie Williams
31. Denver Broncos – *Bradley Roby |FS/CB| Ohio St:
Gifted athletically and can do everything in the secondary but was prone to mistakes and poor technique as a junior. Still, he’s arguably the most athletic and physical DB in this class.
NFL Comp: Michael Huff
32. Seattle Seahawks – Taylor Lewan |OT| Michigan:
Lewan’s a possible right or left side plug and play guy. But some off the field incidents might hurt his stock. Also get the sense he doesn’t play as athletic as he timed. He’s my slide candidate.
NFL Comp: David Diehl
1. TRADE Kansas City Chiefs (KC) – Jimmie Ward |FS| NIU:
Getting praise nationally for his steady play at NIU and his stock has risen.
NFL Comp. Don Carey
2. Washington Redskins – Joel Bitonio |OT/OG| Nevada:
Slowing coming out of obscurity after a very good senior week and combine. Being projected to each OL spot by different teams.
NFL Comp: Rodger Saffold
3. Cleveland Browns – Chris Borland |ILB| Wisconsin:
Borland’s a better prospect than Te’o last year, who went #38. I think he’s also a better than Hightower, who went #25 in 12’. He doesn’t hit the arm length benchmark, but they haven’t prevented him from stacking/shedding capably during his Badger career. Z.Thomas is the easy comparison but I see more Teddy Bruschi.
NFL Comp: Teddy Bruschi
4. TRADE New England Patriots (OAK) – *Kony Ealy |DE/OLB| Missouri:
I’ve read top 20 for Ealy but I’m not buying. Great mobility at his size but doesn’t play as well in the trenches and doesn’t have an incredible burst. I think he might be better suited in a hybrid role. His versatility is a plus in NE.
NFL Comp: Calvin Pace
5. Atlanta Falcons – Dee Ford |DE/OLB| Auburn:
Pass rush specialist got better as the season ended then dominated senior week. 1st rounder in most years.
NFL Comp: Cliff Avril
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – *Scott Crighton |DE| Oregon St:
Crighton is slowly getting more attention as a top pick. I think he’s the 2nd best DE in this class. More suited as an end in an even front, but showed at the combine he’s athletic enough to play some in a hybrid scheme if needed.
NFL Comp: Jason Babin
7. TRADE Carolina Panthers (JAC) – Jordan Matthews |WR| Vanderbilt:
Quick for his size and has literally carried Vanderbilt’s passing offense.
NFL Comp: Eric Decker
8. Minnesota Vikings – Tom Savage |QB| Pittsburgh:
Rather than trade back up, Spielman might be eying guys like Mett, McCarron, Savage or Garroppolo in the 2nd. I think Savage has a better game than any of those. Functional mobility, a big arm and executes under pressure. When he's on, he looks like 05' Carson Palmer, when he's off he looks like John Skelton. But considering he hadn't played in 2 yrs since last season, it's easy to give him a break. There's a lot of upside there.
NFL Comp. Carson Palmer
9. TRADE St. Louis Rams (BUF) – *Cyrus Kouandjio |OT/OG| Alabama:
Technique needs ironing out but he still checked in as an elite upside Olineman …until the combine med check. If their QB checks out the Rams could be a contending team for the remainder of his likely shortened career. Plays inside or out.
NFL Comp: Tyron Smith
10. Tennessee Titans - Carlos Hyde |RB| Ohio St:
The #1 RB.
NFL Comp: Jonathan Stewart
11. New York Giants – *Austin Sefarian-Jenkins |TE| Washington:
ASF is better than he’s getting credit for. Incredible body control and agility at his size. He’ll be a much better pro then college player.
NFL Comp: Rob Gronkowski
12. St. Louis Rams – Rashaad Reynolds |CB| Oregon St:
After the top 3 or 4 it’s a bit of a mystery where the CBs are slotted. Reynolds playmaking is impressive and there’s enough to the rest of his game that I think he could go in the 2nd or 3rd.
NFL Comp. Asante Samuel
13. Detroit Lions – *DeMarcus Lawrence |DE/OLB| Boise St:
Strong all around game despite looking more like a 34 OLB.
NFL Comp. Jabaal Sheard
14. Pittsburgh Steelers – *Louis Nix III |NT| Notre Dame:
Imo not as dominant as he's been touted and has some injury concerns.
NFL Comp: poor man's Brandon Williams
15. Dallas Cowboys – Jeremiah Attaochu |DE| Georgia Tech:
Love Attaochu’s motor and style. Also endless nickname potential here.
NFL Comp: Brian Orakpo
16. Baltimore Ravens – Rashed Hageman |DE| Minnesota:
Immense upside if someone taps into it. Another guy I’ve read top 20 but he’s too way inconsistent for that, imo.
NFL Comp: Chris Canty
17. New York Jets – Stanley Jean-Baptiste |CB| Nebraska:
Showed very good fluidity and awareness senior week. Didn’t run as well as I had thought at the combine but was strong in drills and the short area explosion testing.
NFL Comp: Marcus Coleman
18. Miami Dolphins – Jack Mewhort |OT| Ohio St.
NFL Comp: Adam Terry
19. Chicago Bears – Dominque Easley |DT/DE| Florida:
Other needs here after already taking Jernigan but the value is to too good with Easley, who’s the 2nd best interior DL in the draft. Talented enough to kick out to DE as well.
NFL Comp: Mike Neal
20. Arizona Cardinals – *Devante Adams |WR| Fresno St:
All hands and yac ability.
NFL Comp: Jerricho Cotchery
21. Green Bay Packers – *Jace Amaro |TE| Texas Tech:
Amaro isn’t quite as good as reputed but he is a match up problem.
NFL Comp: Evan Moore
22. Philadelphia Eagles – *Carl Bradford |LB| Arizona St:
Bradford's been a solid hybrid pass rushing DE for the Sun Devils but he could also be a thumping inside LB as a pro. There's a need for both in Philly down the road.
NFL Comp: Kawika Mitchell
23. San Francisco 49ers (KC)- *Bashaud Breeland |CB| Clemson:
NFL Comp. Shareece Wright
24. Cincinnati Bengals – Weston Richburg |OC/OG| Colorado St.
NFL Comp: Alex Mack
25. San Diego Chargers – Daniel McCullers |NT| Texas:
Regularly plays WWE with 300lb OGs when fresh. Looks like a huge immoveable fixture until he flashes impressive athletic ability every now and again.
NFL Comp: Ted Washington
26. New Orleans Saints – *Marcus Martin |OC/OG| USC:
I’m not as high on him as most I guess, but he fills a big need.
NFL Comp. Jason Brown
27. Indianapolis Colts – LaMarcus Joyner |S/CB| Florida State:
Takes over for Bethea.
NFL Comp: Eugene Wilson
28. Carolina Panthers – *Cameron Fleming |OT| Stanford:
He's a people mover in the run game and has good feet in protection.
NFL Comp: Godser Cherilus
29. New England Patriots – *Troy Niklas |TE| Notre Dame:
Niklas is raw but his upside is one of the best at this position in this class.
NFL Comp: Kyle Rudolph
30. San Francisco 49ers – Keith McGill |CB| Utah:
Athletic guy with size but a tweener without a position.
NFL Comp. Brandon Browner
31. Denver Broncos – Jordan Tripp |LB| Montana:
Buzz is growing on Tripp who’s got good tape and showed well at both senior week and the combine.
NFL Comp. Pat Angerer
32 Seattle Seahawks – *Cody Latimer |WR| Indiana:
Another fast riser that looks like a potential #1 guy with development.
NFL Comp. James Jones
1. TRADE Kansas City Chiefs (HOU) – *Martavis Bryant |WR| Clemson:
Clemson program has been producing top notch receiverss of late.
NFL Comp. Tommy Streeter
2. Washington Redskins – Ja’Wuan James |OT| Tennessee:
NFL Comp: Chris Hairston
3. Oakland Raiders – Gabe Jackson |OG| Mississippi St:
Needs to play more stout given his size, but with good technique, he could be a high level OG for awhile.
NFL Comp: Davin Joseph
4. Atlanta Falcons – Terrance Brooks |FS| Florida St.
NFL Comp. Pierson Prioleau
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Dakota Dozier |OG| Furman:
Still unheralded but I’d take him before a few other more well known.
NFL Comp. Jahri Evans
6. Jacksonville Jaguars – Telvin Smith |LB| Florida St:
He'll grow. And he's got some versatility.
NFL Comp: Larry Foote
7. Cleveland Browns – C.J. Fiedorwicz |TE| Iowa:
One of my favorite sleepers. Browns need as much help in the run game as possible and an upgrade over Barnidge in the passing game. Fiedo’s a better Merc Lewis.
NFL Comp: Marcedes Lewis
8. Minnesota Vikings – Preston Brown |ILB| Louisville:
Riser has a big motor, ranges all other the field and packs a punch.
NFL Comp. Sean Weatherspoon
9. Buffalo Bills – Kareem Martin |DE| North Carolina:
Martin’s a long athletic type. Could be very productive once he learns the nuances of the position and adds strength.
NFL Comp: Reggie Hayward
10. New York Giants – *Stephen Tuitt |DT| Notre Dame:
NFL Comp: Kenyon Coleman
11. St. Louis Rams – Brandon Thomas |OT/OG| Clemson:
Really surprised teams with his talent as a blind side protector senior week. Rising prospect until blowing out his knee in a private workout. Rams have few holes and can afford to take a redshirt blue chip guy.
NFL Comp: Wayne Gandy
12. Detroit Lions – *Donte Montcrief |WR| Ole Miss:
A fast 40 time in Indianapolis could make him a lot of money. Mission accomplished. But I still don’t seem him as a 2nd rounder in this class.
NFL Comp. Dez White
13. San Francisco 49ers (Tenn) – Brent Urban |DE| Virginia:
Another guy I’m a higher on than most.
NFL Comp: Igor Olshansky
14. Dallas Cowboys – Will Sutton |DT| Arizona St:
His energy is what I like most about his game. He’ll be a tone setter. But his weight fluctuation makes his stock hard to project.
NFL Comp: Sen'Derrick Marks
15. Baltimore Ravens – Deone Bucannon |S| Washington St:
Athletic and fills the stat sheet but is a very leaky tackler.
NFL Comp. Josh Bullocks
16. New York Jets – Trent Murphy |OLB/DE| Stanford:
NFL Comp: Jarrett Johnson
17. Miami Dolphins – *Allen Robinson |WR| Penn St:
NFL Comp: Juron Criner
18. Chicago Bears – *Bruce Ellington |WR| South Carolina:
Ellington’s an all-purpose speedster that will make plays.
NFL Comp. Steve Smitty Smith
19. Cleveland Browns (PITT)– *David Yankey |OG| Stanford:
Testing suggests he’s not a great fit for the scheme but tape says otherwise.
NFL Comp: Mike Goff
20. Arizona Cardinals – Zach Mettenberger |QB| LSU:
Met should be in the mix if there’s a rush of QBs taken on the 2nd day but his mobility might be enough of a liability to drop him some.
NFL Comp: Chad Henne
21. Green Bay Packers – Max Bullough |ILB| Michigan St:
Big, physical with a burst and has coverage ability. Very underrated.
NFL Comp: Ben Leber
22. Philadelphia Eagles – Pierre Desir |CB| Lindenwood:
NFL Comp. Josh Norman
23. Kansas City Chiefs – Shayne Skov |ILB| Stanford:
Thumping tone setter for a defense. Skov’s a great tackler and not bad in coverage.
NFL Comp: Bill Romanowski
24. Cincinnati Bengals – Billy Turner |OT/OG| North Dakota St.
NFL Comp: Artis Hicks
25. San Diego Chargers – Jemea Thomas |S| Georgia Tech:
Small, but a heady, consistent player in all aspects.
NFL Comp. Jim Leonard
26. Indianapolis Colts – *Tre Mason |RB| Auburn:
They’re still trying to save face on the TRich trade but could they really pass on Mason if he was still on the board?
NFL Comp: Pierre Thomas
27. New Orleans Saints – Marcus Smith |OLB| Louisville:
28. Carolina Panthers – *Paul Richardson |WR| Colorado:
NFL Comp: TY Hilton
29. New England Patriots - Craig Loston |SS| LSU:
Impressive run filling safety with some range.
NFL Comp. Patrick Chung
30. San Francisco 49ers – *Trai Turner |OG| LSU:
31. Denver Broncos – *Jarvis Landry |WR| LSU:
NFL Comp. Jason Avant
32. Minnesota Vikings (Sea) – Caraun Reid |DT/DE| Princeton:
NFL Comp. Darwin Walker
*33. Pittsburgh Steelers – Jaylen Watkins |CB/S| Florida:
NFL Comp. Leodis McKelvin
*34. Green Bay Packers – Gabe Ikard |OC| Oklahoma:
*35. Baltimore Ravens – *Bishop Sankey |RB| Washington:
Has his supporters and his stock is rising. Pass protection is one of his strengths.
NFL Comp: Jordan Todman
*36. San Francisco 49ers – *Russell Bodine |OC| North Carolina:
1. Houston Texans – DaQuan Jones |NT| Penn State:
A steal if he falls to the third day. Inconsistency and just average physical tools might have him dropping.
NFL Comp: Ryan Pickett
2. Washington Redskins – Crockett Gillmore |TE| Colorado St.
Generated plenty buzz senior week and rumors are he'll go higher than some think. Complete TE with good athleticism.
NFL Comp. Ken Dilger
3. Atlanta Falcons – *Lache Seastrunk |RB| Baylor:
He's like a Darren Sproles minus the catching ability. But he could learn.
NFL Comp: Darren Sproles
4. New York Jets (TB) – *Antonio Richardson |OT/OG| Tennessee:
Big, slow, but fairly reliable OL. I’ve read his grades by NFL teams are all over the place.
NFL Comp: Bobby Massie
5. TRADE Carolina Panthers (JAC) - Arthur Lynch |TE| Georgia:
For a guy that spent so much time inline, Lynch owned defenders senior week as a receiver. Better pro than college guy here if he’s utilized in the pass game.
NFL Comp. Heath Miller
6. Cleveland Browns - Chris Watt |OG| Notre Dame:
Senior season injury keeping him a sleeper but is a tough interior guy that can fire out to the 2nd level with ease.
NFL Comp. Josh Sitton
7. TRADE New England Patriots (OAK) – *Ego Ferguson |DT| LSU:
NFL Comp: Johnathan Babineaux
8. Minnesota Vikings – *Terrance West |RB| Towson:
NFL Comp. Jonathan Dwyer
9. Buffalo Bills – Jackson Jeffcoat |DE| Texas:
NFL Comp: Ricky Sapp
10. St. Louis Rams – Marqueston Huff |CB| Wyoming:
NFL Comp. Brandon Carr
11. Detroit Lions - Bryan Stork |OC| Florida St.
12. Tennessee Titans – Jimmy Garoppolo |QB| Eastern Illinois:
Andy Dalton with bad pocket presence. But I guess there’s upside if he gets to sit.
NFL Comp. John Beck
13. New York Giants – James Hurst |OT| North Carolina:
NFL Comp: Sebastian Vollmer
14. Jacksonville Jaguars (BAL) – John Urschel |OG/OC| Penn St:
15. New York Jets – Brock Vereen |FS| Minnesota:
16. Miami Dolphins – Christian Jones |ILB| Florida St.
NFL Comp. Nate Irving
17. Chicago Bears – *Dion Bailey |S| USC:
Playmaking nickel defender and competition at S.
NFL Comp: Roman Harper
18. Pittsburgh Steelers - Logan Thomas |QB/TE| Virginia Tech:
NFL Comp. Terrelle Pryor
19. Dallas Cowboys – Josh Huff |WR| Oregon:
NFL Comp. Brandon Gibson
20. Arizona Cardinals – Chris Smith |OLB| Arkansas:
A sleeper I’m higher on than most. Guy with a great motor and pretty good strength & explosiveness.
NFL Comp: Derrick Burgess
21. Green Bay Packers – Dri Archer |RS| Kent St:
Electric return man and while learning WR.
NFL Comp. Devon Hester
22. Philadelphia Eagles – DeAndre Coleman |NT| California:
NFL Comp. Rod Walker
23. Cincinnati Bengals – *Jeremy Hill |RB| LSU:
NFL Comp. LaGarrette Blount
24. Kansas City Chiefs – Michael Schofield |OT| Michigan:
NFL Comp: Jason Fox
25. San Diego Chargers – Trevor Reilly |OLB| Utah:
26. New Orleans Saints – Robert Herron |WR| Wyoming:
Had a fairly dominant week of practice in Mobile and backed it up with a solid combine.
NFL Comp: Cecil Shorts
27. Cleveland Browns (IND) – Dontae Johnson |CB| NC State:
Length and physicality. Great potential as a press CB but needs refinement in his open field tackling technique.
NFL Comp: Melvin White
28. Carolina Panthers – Antoine Exum |CB/FS| Virginia Tech:
Sleeper due to all the injuries.
NFL Comp: Sanders Cummings
29. San Francisco 49ers – Jeremy Gallon |WR| Michigan:
High points just as well as Benjamin. A steal.
NFL Comp: Golden Tate
30. New England Patriots - Anthony Steen |OG| Alabama:
Zero flash but reliable.
NFL Comp: Joe Andruzzi
31. Denver Broncos – *Devonta Freeman |RB| Florida St:
NFL Comp. Dominic Rhodes
32. Seattle Seahawks – Terrance Mitchell |CB| Oregon:
NFL Comp. Trumaine Johnson
*33. Detroit Lions – *Marcus Roberson |CB| Florida:
NFL Comp: Darius Slay
*34. Baltimore Ravens – Eric Thomas |WR| Troy:
Sleeper talent .
NFL Comp. T.J. Houshmanzedah
*35. Houston Texans - Ed Reynolds |FS| Stanford:
NFL Comp. Eric Smith
*36. Detroit Lions – Jared Abbredarris |WR| Nebraska:
NFL Comp. Austin Collie
*37. New York Jets – Jordan Zumwalt |ILB|UCLA:
Could be this year’s Kiko.
NFL Comp: Stewart Bradley
*38. Baltimore Ravens – *Kelcy Quarles |DE| South Carolina:
NFL Comp. C.J. Mosley
*39 Atlanta Falcons – *Cyril Richardson |OG| Baylor:
NFL Comp: Chris Williams
*40. New England Patriots - A.J. McCarron |QB| Alabama:
A.J.'s more athletic than he gets credit for. If he improves his strength, he'll be a good starting NFL QB.
NFL Comp. Alex Smith
1. TRADE Kansas City Chiefs (HOU) – Jeff Janis |WR| Saginaw Valley St:
NFL Comp. Riley Cooper
2. Washington Redskins – Travis Swanson |OC| Arkansas:
NFL Comp: Adam Treu
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – T.J. Jones |WR| Notre Dame:
NFL Comp. Hines Ward
4. TRADE Carolina Panthers (JAC) – Jon Halapio |OG| Florida:
NFL Comp. Willie Colon
5. Cleveland Browns – Seantrel Henderson |OT| Florida St:
NFL Comp: George Foster
6. Seattle Seahawks (OAK) – Christian Kirksey |LB| Iowa:
NFL Comp. James Anderson
7. Atlanta Falcons – Kenny Ladler |S| Vanderbilt:
8. Minnesota Vikings – Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff |OG/OT| McGill:
9. TRADE St. Louis (BUF) – Charles Sims |RB| West Virginia:
Became a workhorse for WVU by mid season as a runner and receiver.
NFL Comp: Joseph Randle
10. Jacksonville Jaguars (DET) – *Louchez Purifoy |CB| Florida:
11. Tennessee Titans – Dexter McDougle |CB| Maryland:
NFL Comp. Vontae Davis
12. New York Giants – Kevin Pierre Louis |LB| Boston College:
NFL Comp. Malcolm Smith
13. St. Louis Rams – Tajh Boyd |QB| Clemson:
NFL Comp. Tyrod Taylor
14. New York Jets – *Richard Rogers |TE| California:
15. Miami Dolphins – *Yawin Smallwood |ILB| UConn:
Not a great athlete but instinctive and a thumper inside.
NFL Comp: Tim Dobbins
16. Chicago Bears – Dezmen Southward |CB| Wisconsin:
NFL Comp. Dominque Franks
17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Jeremiah George |ILB| Iowa State:
18. Dallas Cowboys – Alden Darby |FS| Arizona St.
19. Jacksonville Jaguars (BAL) – Jacob Pederson |TE| Wisconsin:
NFL Comp. Billy Miller
20. Arizona Cardinals – Isaiah Lewis |S| Michigan St.
NFL Comp. Donte Whitner
21. Green Bay Packers – Adrien Hubbard |OLB| Alabama:
NFL Comp. Manny Lawson
22. New Orleans Saints – Phillip Gaines |CB| Rice:
NFL Comp. Jordan Poyer
23. Kansas City Chiefs – Howard Jones |OLB| Shepherd:
Can the workout warrior of the combine actually play?
24. Cincinnati Bengals – Ahmad Dixon |S| Baylor:
Productive and smart for the Bears but showed too much stiffness in pre draft practices.
NFL Comp: Duke Ihanacho
25. San Diego Chargers – Anthony Johnson |DE| LSU:
NFL Comp. Mike Martin
26. Indianapolis Colts – Tyler Larsen |OC| Utah St.
27. New Orleans Saints – Justin Britt |OT| Missouri:
NFL Comp. Breno Giacomini
28. Carolina Panthers – *Victor Hampton |CB| South Carolina:
NFL Comp. Alphonso Dennard
29. Philadelphia Eagles (NE) – Tenny Palepoi |DE| Utah:
NFL Comp: Lamarr Houston
30. San Francisco 49ers – *Brett Smith |QB| Wyoming:
NFL Comp: Josh Johnson
31. Denver Broncos – Ryan Groy |OG| Wisconsin:
32. Seattle Seahawks – *De’Anthony Thomas |WR| Oregon:
NFL Comp. Chris Rainey
*33. Pittsburgh Steelers – Ed Stinson |DE| Alabama:
Limited as a pass rusher but one of the best run defenders in the draft.
*34. New York Giants - Cody Hoffman |WR| BYU:
NFL Comp. David Nelson
*35. Baltimore Ravens - Prince Shembo |ILB| Notre Dame:
NFL Comp. Arthur Moats
*36. Green Bay Packers – Garrett Gilbert |QB| SMU:
Gilbert’s one of the best developmental QB’s in this class.
NFL Comp. Josh McCown
1. Houston Texans – Donald Hawkins |OT| Oklahoma:
2. Washington Redskins – Andrew Jackson |ILB| W. Kentucky:
NFL Comp. E.J. Henderson
3. Jacksonville Jaguars – Charles Leno |OT| Boise St:
NFL Comp. Anthony Collins
4. Cleveland Browns – Trey Millard | FB| Oklahoma:
NFL Comp. Delanie Walker
5. Houston Texans (OAK) – Andre Williams |RB| Boston College:
NFL Comp. Antowain Smith
6. Atlanta Falcons – Trey Burton |TE/WR| Florida:
NFL Comp. Charles Clay
7. Chicago Bears (TB) – Will Clarke |DE| West Virgina:
8. Minnesota Vikings – Ben Gardner |DE| Stanford:
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (BUF) – Kevin Norwood |WR| Alabama:
NFL Comp. Sam Hurd
10. Tennessee Titans – Shamar Stephen |NT| UConn:
Looked like a monster with upside senior week but didn’t do much at UConn.
NFL Comp. Antonio Garay
11. New York Giants – Cassius Marsh |DE| UCLA:
Sleeper that I've seen more praise for of late. I like his game and he could end up a better pro than college player. Potential as a DL or OLB.
NFL Comp. Michael Bennett
12. St. Louis Rams – *Jonathan Dowling |S| W.Kentucky:
13. Detroit Lions – *Khairi Fort |ILB| California:
14. Miami Dolphins – Mike Campanaro |WR| Vanderbilt:
Looked like one of the best slot types at senior week practices.
15. Chicago Bears – Tre Boston |FS| North Carolina:
NFL Comp. Marcus Gilchrist
16. Pittsburgh Steelers – *Brandon Coleman |WR| Rutgers:
NFL Comp. Ramses Barden
17. Kansas City Chiefs (DALL) – Aaron Colvin |CB| Oklahoma:
Started receiving some high round hype before suffering an injury in Mobile.
18. Baltimore Ravens – Kendall James |CB| Maine:
19. New York Jets – Jerick McKinnon |RB/CB| Georgia Southern:
NFL Comp: Dion Lewis
20. Arizona Cardinals – Jake Murphy |TE| Utah:
21. Green Bay Packers – Shaq Evans |WR| UCLA:
NFL Comp. Devin Thomas
22. New England Patriots – Jonotthan Harrison |OC| Florida:
23. Cincinnati Bengals – Xavius Boyd |LB| W. Kentucky:
NFL Comp. Craig Robertson
24. Kansas City Chiefs – Jalen Saunders |WR| Oklahoma:
NFL Comp. Dennis Northcutt
25. San Diego Chargers – David Fales |QB| San Jose St.
NFL Comp. David Carr
26. New Orleans Saints – Walt Aikens |CB| Liberty:
27. Indianapolis Colts – Beau Allen |NT| Wisconsin:
28. Carolina Panthers – Mike Davis |WR| Texas:
NFL Comp: Robert Meachem
29. Jacksonville Jaguars (SF) – *Storm Johnson |RB| UCF:
NFL Comp. Chester Taylor
30. New England Patriots - *Ka'Deem Carey |RB| Arizona:
Has everything but it’s just in a small package. But poor testing and off field issues could send his stock spiraling.
NFL Comp: Cadillac Williams
31. Denver Broncos – Chris Davis |S| Auburn:
NFL Comp. Chris Owens
32. Seattle Seahawks – Conner Shaw |QB| S. Carolina:
*33. New York Jets – Travis Carrie |CB| Ohio:
*34. New York Jets - Justin Ellis |NT| Louisiana Tech.
Massive but showed good burst in practices.
*35. Houston Texans – Avery Williamson |ILB| Kentucky:
*36. Cincinnati Bengals – Aaron Murray |QB| Georgia:
NFL Comp. Charlie Frye
*37. New York Jets – Devon Street |WR| Pittsburgh:
NFL Comp. Dominek Hixon
*38. St. Louis Rams – A.C. Leonard |TE| Tennessee St.
*39. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jonathan Newsome |OLB/DE| Ball St:
DE/OLB Kony Ealy
TE Troy Niklas
S Craig Loston
DT Ego Ferguson
QB A.J. McCarron
OC Jonotthan Harrison
RB Ka'Deem Carey
New York Jets
WR Odell Beckham Jr
CB Stanley Jean Baptiste
OLB Trent Murphy
OT/OG Antonio Richardson
FS Brock Vereen
ILB Jordan Zumwalt
TE Richard Rogers
RB Jerick McKinnon
CB Travis Carrie
NT Justin Ellis
WR Devon Street
OG Xavier Su'a Filo
OT Jack Mewhort
WR Allen Robinson
OLB Christian Jones
ILB Yawin Smallwood
WR Michael Campanaro
OT Greg Robinson
DE Kareem Martin
DE Jackson Jeffcoat
CB Kyle Fuller
OC Weston Richburg
OT/OG Billy Turner
RB Jeremy Hill
S Ahmad Dixon
OLB Xavius Boyd
QB Aaron Murray
CB Darqueze Dennard
NT Louis Nix
CB Jaylen Watkins
QB/TE Logan Thomas
ILB Jeremiah George
DE Ed Stinson
WR Brandon Coleman
OLB Jonathan Newsome
OT Morgan Moses
DE Rashed Hageman
S Deone Bucannon
RB Bishop Sankey
WR Eric Thomas
DE Kelcy Quarles
ILB Prince Shembo
CB Kendall James
WR Mike Evans
QB John Manziel
ILB Chris Borland
TE C.J. Fiedorwicz
OG David Yankey
OG Chris Watt
CB Dontae Johnson
OT Seantrel Henderson
FB Trey Millard
S Lamarcus Joyner
RB Tre Mason
OC Tyler Larsen
NT Beau Allen
ILB Ryan Shazier
RB Carlos Hyde
QB Jim Garoppolo
CB Dexter McDougle
NT Shamar Stephen
WR Sam Watkins
QB Ted Bridgewater
LB Telvin Smith
OG/OC John Urschel
CB Louchez Purifoy
TE Jacob Pederson
OT Charles Leno
RB Storm Johnson
DE/OLB Jadeveon Clowney
QB Blake Bortles
NT DaQuan Jones
FS Ed Reynolds
OT Donald Hawkins
RB Andre Williams
ILB Avery Williamson
FS/CB Bradley Roby
ILB Jordan Tripp
WR Jarvis Landry
RB Devonta Freeman
OG Ryan Groy
S/CB Chris Davis
Kansas City Chiefs
FS Jimmy Ward
WR Martavis Bryant
ILB Shayne Skov
OT Michael Schofield
WR Jeff Janis
OLB Howard Jones
CB Aaron Colvin
WR/RS Jalen Saunders
San Diego Chargers
CB Jason Verrett
NT Daniel McCullers
S Jemea Thomas
OLB Trevor Reilly
DE Anthony Johnson
QB David Fales
LB Khalil Mack
QB Derek Carr
OG Gabe Jackson
WR Brandin Cooks
LB Carl Bradford
CB Pierre Desir
NT Deandre Coleman
DE Tenny Palepoi
OG Zach Martin
DE Jeremiah Attaochu
DT Will Sutton
WR Josh Huff
S Alden Darby
New York Giants
LB C.J. Mosley
TE Austin Sefearian Jenkins
DT Stephen Tuitt
OT James Hurst
LB Kevin Pierre Louis
WR Cody Hoffman
DE Cassius Marsh
OT/OG Joel Bitonio
OT Ja’Wuan James
TE Crockett Gillmore
OC Travis Swanson
ILB Andrew Jackson
Green Bay Packers
S Calvin Pryor
TE Jace Amaro
ILB Max Bollough
OC Gabe Ikard
RS Dri Archer
OLB Adrien Hubbard
QB Garrett Gilbert
WR Shaq Evans
DT Tim Jernigan
DT/DE Dominque Easley
WR Bruce Ellington
S Dion Bailey
CB Dezmen Southward
DE Will Clarke
FS Tre Boston
CB/FS Justin Gilbert
DE Demarcus Lawrence
WR Donte Montcrief
OC Bryan Stork
CB Marcus Roberson
WR Jared Abbredaris
LB Khairi Fort
OLB Anthony Barr
QB Tom Savage
ILB Preston Brown
DT Caraun Reid
RB Terrence West
OG/OT Laurent Tardiff Duvernay
DE Ben Gardner
WR Jordan Matthews
OT Cameron Fleming
WR Paul Richardson
TE Arthur Lynch
CB/FS Antone Exum
OG Jon Halapio
CB Victor Hampton
WR Mike Davis
New Orleans Saints
WR Marqise Lee
OC Marcus Martin
OLB Marcus Smith
WR Robert Herron
CB Phillip Gaines
OT Justin Britt
CB Walt Aikens
OT Jake Matthews
DE Dee Ford
FS Terrence Brooks
RB Lache Seastrunk
OG Cyril Richardson
S Kenny Ladler
TE Trey Burton
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TE Eric Ebron
DE Scott Crighton
OG Dakota Dozier
WR T.J. Jones
WR Kevin Norwood
OT Taylor Lewan
WR Cody Latimer
CB Terrance Mitchell
OLB Christian Kirksey
WR/RS D'Anthony Thomas
QB Conner Shaw
WR Kelvin Benjamin
CB Bashaud Breeland
CB/S Keith McGill
DE Brent Urban
OG Trai Turner
OC Russell Bodine
WR Jeremy Gallon
QB Brett Smith
OLB Kyle Van Noy
WR Devante Adams
QB Zach Mettenberger
OLB Chris Smith
TE Jack Murphy
DT Aaron Donald
FS HaSean Clinton Dix
OT/OG Cyrus Kouandjio
CB Rashaad Reynolds
OG/OT Brandon Thomas
CB Marqueston Huff
RB Charles Sims
QB Tajh Boyd
SS Jonathan Dowling
TE A.C. Leonard